Saturday, August 29, 2009

Babies... not yet!

I'd like to take a few minutes to say:

CONGRATS to all the new babies that have joined us lately!

Lil Erin in Wichita is almost a week and a half old, Quincy (who was born in another place) finally knows the meaning of, "There's no place like home..." as she's an official Kansan now. Former Air Force friends' baby was a week old yesterday, and the local boy from DC, Kristopher, joined us just within the past week. SO MANY BABIES! And they're all SO cute, so cuddly, and they smell so good! But when I'm thinking about them, and praying for them - because I know the struggles that some went through to get to this point, and I know it's such a responsibility, and must feel overwhelming at times - I can't help but think... I am SO glad it's not us right now! Not that I don't want kids (I do!), but I want to wait another year first. We've been married barely over a year. So give us one more and then, bring it on!! (Especially since I'll have all these wonderful gals to go to for help and advice, heehee...)

Oh - and to my friend who's on the other end of this story... Maybe the grand plan is for you to wait another year so we can do it together. HA, not really funny, but I knew you'd see the humor in the pathetic attempt to bring out a little smile! You're in my thoughts and prayers, and I'm SO glad you're keeping positive in this and not falling to negativity toward everyone/everything like we've seen in so many other situations. Hang in there, it will ALL be worth it in the end!

~XOXO~

2 comments:

Left Coast Wifey said...

Thanks for being such a good friend... I'm really blessed. I can hold out another year if we get to share something like that together... it could be the next step up from crying together at Butler :) Love you!

divaspice said...

I love you! You are such an inspiration - staying so positive through the whole thing. One phrase has stayed with me this whole time - you said, "We'll have kids someday, just not sure when or how..." I hope things are falling into place!

Oh - and I'd be honored to take the next step up from crying at Butler with you! =)

~XOXO~